STACHE PUBLISHING, a small press publisher, is seeking submissions for APORKALYPSE, a comic anthology.
Aporkalypse is a post-apocalyptic, humor comic. It follows the ongoing misadventures of the occupants of a rundown strip mall, the only apparent survivors of the end of the world. It’s Clerks meets Gilligan’s Island with a sprinkle of Mad Max.
Aporkalypse began as a newspaper strip delivered to thousands of homes in the St. Louis area. One of the unique features of the comic is that the creative team routinely changes in order to spotlight a variety of artistic styles and story lines.
STACHE is looking for comic shorts, between 4 to 8 pages using the setting and Aporkalypse characters to appear in a collect anthology, to be released July 2015
What ‘Stache is Looking For
- Self-contained comic shorts (four to eight pages in length).
- The comics should feature one or more of the Aporkalypse characters and be set in the comic’s established world. For more information check out the character guide and published comic strips.
- While the characters and settings are consistent, artists and writers are encouraged to lend their individual styles to the comic. Diversity of art style and storytelling methods is one thing that makes Aporkalypse so much fun! With this being the first anthology there is exceptional freedom to explore these characters and the world they occupy from the beginning.
- Stories should be self-contained and standalone.
- Content should contain no expletives, nudity, illegal drug use or graphic violence.
- The anthology is open to submissions from writers, illustrators, inkers, color artists and letterers. When possible ‘Stache can match writers and artists, but it generally works better if you already have a creative team in place.
- Writers should submit a short synopsis of no more than three sentences, an estimated page count, and a sample script. The script can be for this submission or one from another project.
- Illustrators, inkers, color artists, and letterers should submit sequential art samples, either as an attachment or link.
- Provide your name, phone number, email, and a short bio. Let us know about other comics you have worked on or anthologies you’ve been a part of.
- Email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Aporkalypse Submission”.
- Submissions will be reviewed by ‘Stache and selections made. ‘Stache maintains the right to refuse submissions.
- February 15, 2015 – Submissions deadline.
- April 30, 2015 – Anthology contributions are due.
- May 31, 2015 – Final Edits/Revisions are due.
- Digitally through online comic distributors and ebooksellers.
- In print at retail stores through Igram distribution.
- Available through online booksellers like Amazon and Barnes & Noble.
- At publisher and contributor appearances.
- Anthology contributors will receive a complimentary copy of the finished anthology, and be able to purchase additional copies at cost.
- Royalties from net sales will be shared by all contributors, proportionate to individual percentage of participation.